Shibari rope technique

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Hananoki
      Participant

Good evening all,

Tonight, me and Hana had a go at a basic shibari rope technique that we both enjoyed. It’s only a basic hand restriction but allowed me to lead her and tie of the ends to restrict her movement. The knots didn’t have to be so tight but manages to work on giving sensation to the wrist.

I have attached a few images of what I managed to do 🙂

Regards

HananokiKnot 1

Hananoki
      Participant

Knot 1

MyLordsPet
      Participant

Very nice!  Thanks for sharing

CruelsSexPuppet
      Participant

Those look great. Where are you learning the techniques from?

Hananoki
      Participant

There are loads on YouTube to follow but this one was – https://youtu.be/LD604h2YytI

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing Hananoki, My Sir and I are also interested in Shibari. Your photos look great. My Sir has downloaded a few different books looking for simple ones. He is particularly interested in chest and crotch ties. We don’t think I’ll be able to manage hand/wrist ties.

Hananoki
      Participant

Hi Mr C’s Aussie Girl,

It’s really new to us and ive said I would like to work up to body and crotch ropes bit the wrist is okay for Hana and she really enjoyed the tie. I like that they aren’t overly tight as starter ones that would intimidate a starter.

We are looking forward to trying a few new knots and see how it goes.

thebarefootsub
      Participant

Nice work Hananoki, you’re on such an exciting journey.

While you’re taking the first few steps you might consider switching to a braided (and really inexpensive) cotton rope. It is stretchy, so if you make the wraps and frictions too tight you’ll not do any harm, and it grips to each other. Your pretty rope looks a bit shiny, which I find usually means slippy!

I’m looking forward to seeing what you create ☺

Hananoki
      Participant

Hi barefoot, we have used it a few times and although it is quite glossy, it doesn’t seem to slip and also leaves a nice imprint on the skin after without being too tight but will have a look at the cotton ones too. They were our first ropes and bought as trainers more to learn the technique of the knots so will definitely look at the other options.

thebarefootsub
        Participant

(Apologies for pouncing on your thread. I get a touch excited when I find people starting on their bondage adventures)

Hananoki
          Participant

Don’t worry about it, it’s great to see other people on here that can advise us 🙂 me and Hana are looking to learn as much as we can do.

Anonymous

Barefootsub, we enjoyed your input, as we are just beginning as well. My Sir will be happy to listen to any advise.

Mister C
      Participant

I have found some tutorials from youtube that i like.  Try this one… Love Handles   TheDuchy youtube.  He is not as goofy as the guy with the crotched best bud on his shoulder.  Mind you … both guys know there stuff.  Enjoy

MrC’s AussieGirl
      Participant

My Sir has enjoyed creating these wrist cuffs tonight. I can see he is going to be very interested in Shibari especially as he is talented with leather carving and plaiting. The joy on his face, as an artistic man and musician was priceless. Thank you Hananoki for spurring him on.

Hananoki
        Participant

That looks a great tie and glad you are both enjoying it! Loads more to learn but looking forward to hearing and/or seeing it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Hananoki.
      MrC’s AussieGirl
      Participant

thebarefootsub
      Participant

It looks like you’ve been having Great times with the ropes!

Something I found is, with YouTube videos, you can watch them on half or quarter speed, and tie along with them while you’re trying to get the ties to work in your fingers. Sometimes the tutors whizz through their tutorials and it helps to just slow them down.

Hananoki
        Participant

Hi barefoot,

This isn’t something I had thought about but very useful thank you. I had the same issue the first few times but on the second try without the video, only had to refer back when I made a mistake. Hoping the column ties are easy enough to grasp without having to refer back too many times.

MrC’s AussieGirl
          Participant

My Sir said the double column ties are simple, but he has to check the tie-off again. He used the Rory link you put up, Noki, to create a double column cuff. Thank you very much.

Hananoki
      Participant

Me and Hana had a go at a double column tie recently and I think I need a little more practice but we really enjoyed this one. Much more simpler but not quite as aesthetically pleasing.

Mister C
      Participant

Very utilitarian.  Does the job.  I saw on Rory’s YouTube that to make it neater you tie from the top. The coils are facing upwards.

thebarefootsub
        Participant

I find simple rope that is well tied to be the most pleasing for my eyes. These are gorgeous

Hana
          Participant

Hi barefoot, Do you have any recommendations on where to buy rope from please (we are in the UK) Something for  beginners. We bought the purple at a really cheap price, and it had been really good to establish an interest. I have done a little browsing but I really don’t know what I’m looking at.

MrC’s AussieGirl
      Participant

Missy
      Keymaster

This looks great and really interesting. I don’t suppose you would want to write it up as a blog post would you? It would be fab to have it all together.

missy x

Mister C
      Participant

AG wearing my new practice tie.  Heart motif Rory self tie.  The one from the Duchy is very nice too.  More practice needed.  Heh heh

Hana
      Participant

Oooh this looks lovely. Sorry I had missed your reply.  We have just received some less shiny rope. Looking forward to using, or it being used by Hananoki 🙂

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.