This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Submissivelady 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Missy
    Keymaster

What are some of the rituals that you have as part of your dynamic, why did you choose them, and how do they work for you? Please leave your answers to the above question below

Beth [MM]
    Participant

We have a collar changing ritual. I have a day collar, and a night collar that I sleep in. I kneel before MM and ask to serve him, then he changes my collar to fit the time of day. It helps to reinforce our roles. It reminds us of my service to him and his protection and guidance of me.

Submissivelady
    Participant

One very important ritual for us is my making of the bed everyday. I have never been one to see the sense in making a bed, “I’m just going to mess it up again in a few hours, so why waste the time?” has been my feelings on a made bed. I was never made to make my bed as a child, and the only time I ever made my bed with any regularity was when I was in the military and it was REQUIRED. So, when My Sir and I sat down to make a schedule so that I would make good use of my time everyday, he reiterated to me how much he likes to see a made bed. I, now, religiously make the bed every day. As I make the bed it helps me to remember how the little gestures can be even more important in a relationship than the big ones. Straightening the covers and placing the pillows on the bed are a daily reminder to me of how important it is that My Sir knows that he means the world to me. Making the bed may not seem like a big deal, but for me it is a HUGE commitment to always do what makes My Sir happy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.