This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chicken chick 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Missy
    Keymaster

Main points from the chat:

Primal play is a style of BDSM emphasizing rough, raw, animalistic passion. It may include elements such as wrestling, biting, or fear play. It doesn’t necessarily include fixed roles of domination or submission, but rather may include people challenging one another for the dominant role. Usually all of the labels, roles, and protocols go away during primal play.

Primal play differs from pet play and furries: Pet play is when you assume a role of an animal like a role play, furries are people who dress up as certain animals and have sexual intercourse in that role whereas primal play is getting in touch with the animal side of yourself as it relates to sex and domination/submission.

If it includes Domination and submission then usually one person will be the primal prey and the other will be the primal predator

Primal play is just instinct at that moment to let go and be rough but there are things you have to outline before you start…..is biting okay? where can I pinch or not? Can I slap the person? choke? etc etc –  subs get to fight back this time! You would also have to be clear that it was going to be a scene that involved primal play – for example an interrogation scene may use primal play

Primal play could include wrestling, snarling, growling, clawing, scraping, biting, pinching, pressure points, rope bondage, kicking, slapping, licking, choking and anything else animals do to show/fight for dominance. Sex tends to be rough or a follow through from the “fight” although this will not always be the case.

There is also more sensual primal play which can look more like two animals greeting each other. The top can sniff the submissive, growl in her ear, pull her hair back and bite her neck while holding her immobile. Kink University on kink.com has a great video on primal play that mixes sensual and non-sensual primal play.

Primal play is a style of BDSM that focuses on raw feelings and actions that are evoked by natural impulses and urges. Social norms and niceties are discarded for a very unfiltered self. The civilized shell gives way to emotions and sexual desire that ranges from happiness, joy, playfulness, silliness, sadness, and grief. It is arguable that one cannot be fully primal out of prioritizing safety and comfort. However, primal play allows the submissive who loves to be fully dominated to experience his or her fantasy. This practice involves using the kink tools we were born with: nails, hair, teeth, and skin. Primal play is based around the concept of retreating back to the primitive animal persona, where labels and protocols don’t apply. Wrestling, pulling hair back, biting, and growling are some of the many things that fit into this style of BDSM.

When practising primal play you should be aware of RACK – risk aware consensual kink.

SSC and RACK

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Missy.

chicken chick
    Participant

This is really my favorite. I love to be able to fight back (to a degree). I’m kinda a brat so trying to get my way is super fun. It involves pain, pleasure, and a great adrenaline rush.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.