New Dom with questions

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Nick
      Participant

Hi, Im new to this experience and I am loving it.

Obviously there are many things I can do wrong and I don’t want to harm my new Sub. She is new as well.

It started as a sex thing but it has progressed. I think I pushed the first steps too quickly and overwhelmed her a little. Nothing she didn’t ask for but I should have known better. All based around tasks play punishment and vulnerability.

At this moment I am curious about the emotional side of the relationship as I am also in a normal relationship so am not totally available. Does anyone have any experience of the dynamic of a D/S relationship with someone with a normal one at the same time.

Sweet (MrH)
      Keymaster

Hi Nick,

First of all welcome!  Both myself and Submissy have blogs where you can read our experiences of how we felt as our dynamics grew.

It sounds like you got swept up in the frenzy which is quite normal.

My husband and Dominant Dominant wrote a piece about his first 6 months and this might also give you some insight.

A new Dom’s tale. To infinity and beyond

Home Page

Home

There are also chats twice a week.  The next one is Sunday, 8PM GMT (also on Tuesday at the same time).  There are people online that can give you more insight and they are also lots of fun!

Sweetgirl

Nick
      Participant

Thanks for your reply SweetGirl. I read the article its interesting but quite different from my situation. I do like the angle your partner is coming from though. I have been reading a lot of different articles like this to try get a better general understanding but I am hoping there might be more out there that relates to my situation specifically. I’ll try get to a chat
      Thanks for all the info.

My post might be a little unclear I am in a normal long term relationship and now I have a new sub

Sweet (MrH)
      Keymaster

Ok so, let me see if I’m understanding.   You have and are in a long term vanilla relationship,  and also have just started a D/s relationship with someone else?

Nick
      Participant

yes

Sweet (MrH)
      Keymaster

I will try and think if I know someone with that dynamic.  I know someone in real life, well they are a couple who both have submissive partners.  They do not do kink together but she has a slave she plays with and loves and he has a play partner who he loves. But they don’t have a blog or Twitter presence for you to connect with.

Do try to make one of the chats I’m sure someone will be able to offer advice.

Take care, and I hope to catch up with you at one of the chats

Sweetgirl

Nick
      Participant

Much appreciated

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.