Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Missy (Founder)
      Keymaster

Main points from the chat:

A middle is a general term for an older little, in other words, an upper age range of little who would be a bit older on the age scale and range anywhere from 7 to the double digits.

Middles are generally more independent and may enjoy cartoons, colouring and stuffies!

Unlike younger littles, middles tend to have more awareness of the world around them, a grasp of sexuality, seek more independence, and question authority. Lolitas and Nymphets are a subcategory of middles that relates to the title character in the novel Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

As a middle you don’t necessarily like babyish stuff but you still enjoy things like colouring and crafts, as well as other more “grown up” type stuff, Being a middle may also mean that you explore the naughty more mischievous, sassier or brattier side to your character.

Anonymous

Yes, this helps very much! I think maybe im a middle… Just not sure on my age yet.

Missy (Founder)
        Keymaster

Hi Brown Kitty.  I have found it harder to find information on middles but I would indentify as being a middle too. I don’t have a particular age but more teen than little. I wrote a post about it over on my blog with a list of the sorts of things that I like if that helps, or if you want to chat then please just get in touch.

Little Missy Middle

princessali
      Participant

I am definitely a middle, and more teen than little 🙂  And I have to agree with Missy that it is very, very difficult to find much information on middles.  My age can vary, but always remains in the teens and tends to center in the middle teens.  I think this is because I was literally forced to become an adult ON my 16th birthday.  It was NOT a “Sweet 16” by any possible means.  I landed in the ER, then at an OB/GYN, then learned I’d lost a baby and had a surgery scheduled for the next day.  Within 4 days, I had yet another surgery and was then told that I had cancer.  Yeah, I had to take on adult issues at a young age.  While going through the cancer treatment and things I was pretty much abandoned by my legal guardians.  I was in a relationship, but it became extremely abusive during that time frame yet I had to remain in the relationship to guarantee my own literal survival since the BF would take me to treatments (always had to pay for that too) and my guardians didn’t want to put the milage on their vehicle.  Ok, one of my guardians couldn’t drive, but the other one could.  For treatment that required hospital stays, one guardian would admit me and then leave and not come back until I was released.  During one such hospital stay, one guardian decided that they were going to go on a two week vacation!  But I had a private room in the hospital, and my guardians gave permission for the BF to visit and even be able to spend the night there…and he did…and that made the hospital stays a lot worse!!  BUT, after I stayed in remission for almost a year, and didn’t have to see my oncologist very much, my guardians learned that their “little girl” had the mouth of a sailor and a temper to match!  I ended the abusive relationship in such a manner that our next door neighbors heard it.  Sort of like the country song by Carrie Underwood “Before He Cheats”.  Yeah…I put a dent in the door of the dude’s truck…with my foot while I threw things of his (like a ring) at him through the driver’s window of his truck, all the while cursing him like a sailor in the middle of my drive way in front of EVERYONE!!  I screamed things at the world that made him hang his head and his mouth drop open (the same for my guardians).

I love coloring, crafts, novels, some video games, music….I’ve pretty much reverted back to the person I was BEFORE being forced to “Grow Up”.  Although, I can be VERY grown up when I have to be.  Now that my children are pretty much grown, I don’t have to be the “grown up” as much as I did when they were little.  The result of that is that the teenage me shows a lot more to a lot more people…just MOST of them don’t know that.

Anonymous

I am so glad to have found this topic, as I’ve been struggling with the whole “Daddy/little” aspect of things. Thank you for explaining this to me! I feel so much comfortable with this!

Missy (Founder)
        Keymaster

There are some blog posts on here which should explain more and I have written more about being a middle on my own site if you want me to link them ?

Captain’s Girl
      Participant

No judgement at all, I just dont get it. On impulse I can see the appeal of being a teen again. Freedom, less responsibility…. and so on. But I was so insecure, and lost in hormones and emotions at that time in my life. I dont even want a pretend do over where everything turns out perfect becuase then how would I know a good thing when I’ve got it? Wow… im a rambling idiot! Lol

Missy (Founder)
        Keymaster

Hi WannaBeSub,

It is not about being a teen again, as I agree some of that time was fraught, it is more about being able to tap into a part of you which feels freer and less adult and responsible. I know that I am a woman in my 40s and so does HL so it is more a way for me to let go and be able to have some fun. It also allows him to use his dominance in a more punishment/reward type of way and it means that can explore the nurturing and protective part of his nature in a different context.

Not sure of that helps to clarify. I always think that being little/middle gives me the freedom from the self control that play does, but I am feee to explore this in ways which are non-play related.

Missy x

• This reply was modified 51 years, 11 months ago by .
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.