How to Introduce D/s

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HisLordship 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

NewD
    Participant

I’m definitely dominant and my wife has many submissive qualities, and responds well whenever I am more dominant in our relationship (getting frustrated and upset when I am not as dominant). I feel like getting more fully and formally into the D/s lifestyle would work well for both of us. However, she is also very vanilla and has emotional hangups about D/s stuff. I’m wondering what the best way to establish even a mild form of a D/s relationship, or ease my wife into D/s sexplay, would be. How do you deal with reluctance and objections, when you know that deep down your wife really wants to be more submissive, but feels like she shouldn’t be?

HisLordship
    Keymaster

Hi NewD.

I think my first observations that your wife is very vanilla and has emotional hang-ups makes me think that maybe D/s is more for you than her.  You have stated that your wife wants to be submissive deep down and feels she shouldn’t be.  On face value I would that is some contradiction here.

As you are at the discussion stage I think it is important to try and work out what is in it for her regarding a D/s dynamic.  Having your own opinion is important, however, D/s relationships are about two people essentially and therefore dual input is required.  I should also add that your dominance over your wife will be given by her and not taken by you; your role will be to manage that submission she gives through your effective dominance.  A sub only really gives over power when she feels safe and can trust her partner. That takes time, and a lot of communication.   Just be 100% sure it what you both want to try!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.