This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Silent 1 week ago.

• Author

Silent
    Participant

My wife and I are new to the D/s scene, well officially anyway. She had indicated that it was just for the bedroom but has begun to submit to me in subtle ways outside of it.  Asking that I approve or pick her clothing for the day and what if any makeup she should wear. Kneeling before me when she wants her done.

The question here is, is it possible to keep D/s confined to the bedroom or is it something that would generally leach out into everyday life anyway.

PS not at all complaining that it is just curious.

Beth [MM]
    Participant

It really dependents on the preferences of those involved in the relationship. I think many here started in the bedroom and have broadened it to encompass some, most, or all of their relationship. But if it’s only desired in the bedroom it doesn’t need to go beyond that. There is no right way, just whatever works for those involved.

Silent
    Participant

that does make sense.  Appreciate the insight.  

HisLordship
    Keymaster

I would say the best way to approach this is to let your D/s take a natural path.  Trying to fit your dynamic into the shape  of others, or what general writting says you should be only adds pressure.  If your D/s is currently in the bedroom and it works, stay there. If one day it spills over and becomes something else, stop and evaluate what is going on.  Each to their own!

Silent
    Participant

That’s a good point about stopping to evaluate. Will keep that in mind

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.